You are Just a Call away from Experts:
Factory Reset has been considered as a great solution when you are facing stubborn problems on your laptop. Or, if you are planning to sell your laptop, then also it is required to perform a factory reset of the system.
It will delete all the settings from the system. And while doing this, you will be asked if you want to perform a total clean reset or want to keep the files of the system. You can choose either of the options depending on your preferences.
But, if you are unaware of how to factory reset HP Laptop, then you can go through the section here under carefully where you’ll get proper and easy to follow instructions to perform HP Laptop factory reset on your own.
How to Reset HP Laptop [1+1 Easy Hacks]
Here we are going to discuss two simple procedures using which you can perform Factory Reset on your HP laptop. Both these methods are equally effective and you can try any one depending on whether you can access your Windows system to factory reset your HP laptop in a correct manner.
First Method: Resetting Using Windows Settings
If the system is functioning well and you are able to use the desktop, then you can reset the laptop easily by from the Settings app. Here are the steps you need to perform to do this:
- First of all, press the S and Win key both at the same time from the keyboard to open the Search bar.
- Then, type “reset this PC” in the search bar. Hit the Enter key to open System Settings.
- Once you enter the Recovery Settings window, tap on the ‘Get started’ button located underneath the ‘Reset this PC’ option.
- Now, you will get to see two options. They are ‘Keep my files’ and ‘Remove everything.’ Choose any one of them depending on your requirements.
- On the next page, you will be informed that there is a chance of data loss. You will also see the list of all the installed applications on the system.
- Afterward, you will be asked to confirm the action before the resetting process commences.
- Tap on the Reset button to start the resettings process.
Before clicking on the Reset button, you have to confirm that you have successfully created a back up of all the files and folders of the system. Once the resetting process is completed, restart the system to apply the changes.
If you are unable to access Windows, then you can perform the resetting procedure using the Recover Environment.
Alternative Method: Resettings Using Recovery Environment
Another workaround that can help you reset your HP Laptop is using the Recovery Environment. It can help you when you are unable to open the desktop page of the system in the normal way.
Or, if there are any technical difficulties in the system, then also you can go with this. But, before going to apply the steps below, you have to make sure that all the existing data of your computer is backed up.
Now, you can perform these steps to factory reset the laptop through Windows Recovery Environment:
In the beginning, you have to make sure that the laptop is turned off and all the external devices like printers and USB drives are disconnected. If you have recently added any internal hardware, then that also needs to be removed.
Now, press the Power button of the laptop and immediately press the F11 key repeatedly until it redirects you to the ‘Choose an Option’ screen. Now, tap on the Troubleshoot button. Then, click on ‘Reset this PC’ from the next screen.
After that, you will be asked to choose an option, Remove everything, or Keep my files.
If you wish to keep the data, tap on the ‘Keep my files’ option and then tap on the Reset button. It will start to reinstall the Operating System. Once it completes the reinstallation, it will restart the system automatically.
If you want to remove all the files and folders from your computer, tap on the ‘Remove everything’ button. Afterward, perform the following steps:
- If you only wish to delete everything from the drive where Windows is stored, tap on the ‘Only the drive where Windows is installed’ option. Or if you want to delete all the data of the system, then tap on the ‘All drives’ option.
- If you want to delete just your files, then tap on the ‘Just remove my files’ option. Or, click on the ‘Fully clean the drive’ option to clean the drive.
- Finally, tap on the Reset button to start the resetting process.
After completing the resetting process, you can restart the system to save the changes. Now, you have successfully factory reset the HP laptop.
These two ways are enough to factory reset an HP laptop. Hopefully, one of the two will definitely help you to perform Factory Reset on your HP laptop.